WordPress Security Plugins:- WordPress website with secure and safe web connection is more search engine friendly compared to the website with low security. We all know that WordPress plugin is designed to enhance the functionality and the performance of the website. WordPress Security plugins are specifically designed to protect the website from any kind of malware attack, cyber attack. In this article, we have carefully selected the top 10 WordPress Security plugins.
What is WordPress Security Plugin?
WordPress security plugin is a security plugin designed to protect a Wp website from cyber threats, such as malware attacks and website hacking attempts. Wp website owners install these security plugins to overcome any website-related safety issues, thereby providing their users with a secure and safe website browsing experience.
Importance and Features of WordPress Security Plugins
- Brand Protection- SEO-optimized website provides a good user experience for its users. This helps to build a good brand image. A website is the first place that people visit on the internet when they are searching for any brand online. Users tend to reject websites that have weak security features and security issues. This damages the brand value. Security and safety plugins helps to protect the website from any kind of security breach or safety issue. This helps to protect the brand value and image.
- Data and Information Protection- The content and data contained on any website is very important to its owner/proprietor. Any security breach or cyber-attack on a website will result in data loss and loss of business. The Security plugin assists website owners to address these security issues in the simplest manner possible.
- Better SEO and SERPs Result- The Security plugin safeguard your website from any potential cyber attacks. A website that is vulnerable to security threats such as malware, cyber attacks, etc., is generally less search engine-friendly. Poor website SEO leads to a low ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Protection From Suspicious Login- Most WordPress security plugins offer a two-step login process to make sure your website is safe from any suspicious logins.
- Quick Fixing and Repairing Corrupted File- Security plugins provide various tools to quickly resolve and eliminate any security threat automatically. A corrupt file that can damage your database is also fixed by the security plugins.
- Cost Effective- WordPress is open source CMS and there are thousands of free plugin in its directory. You can use these security plugin for free to safeguard your website from any cyber or malware attacks.
- Feature Rich- Security plugins offer various feature to keep your website safe and accessible. These plugins offers important safety features like two-steps login verification, malware scanner, brute force protection, anti spam tools, security test module etc.
List of Top 10 WordPress Security Plugins
There are hundreds of security plugin available in the wordpress directory for the protection of your website. Here we are providing a specially curated and well researched list of Top 10 security plugins. You can download below mentioned plugins to safeguard your website from any suspicious activity.
Sucuri is the most downloaded, most popular, most reliable and most effective plugin on the market. Over 820k website owners trust Sucuri to protect their websites. Even in the free version of Sucuri, it offers high-quality security features that are sufficient for website security. Sucuri has developed various layers of security to protect your website. A DNS-level firewall integrated with a Content Delivery Network (CDN) provides a significant increase in performance and speed for your website. Its Cloudpoxy firewall ensures that your entire website’s bad traffic is filtered before being sent to the hosting server. Sucuri protects your website from all types of malware, brute force, malicious attacks and hacking attempts. It also ensures speed and performance.
Features of Sucuri
- Security Activity Auditing
- File Integrity Monitoring
- Remote Malware Scanning
- Blacklist Monitoring
- Effective Security Hardening
- Post-Hack Security measures
- Security Notifications
Another popular security plugin is Wordfence which detects and blocks the malicious traffic to ensure the performance and security of your website. The integrated security scanner of Wordfence analyzes all the files, themes and plugins of WordPress to detect any malware, search engine spam, bad URL, malicious redirect, code injection, etc. Wordfence is a WordPress security-oriented plugin which, implements Threat Defense Feed for scanning and rectifying the malicious IP address and malware signature. The user of wordfence can manage several Wp websites at the same time. Whenever your WordPress website comes across some suspicious activity, Workfence immediately rectifies the security threat and suspicious activity by blocking the suspicious networks.
Features of Wordfence
- Activity Dashboard
- Activity Tracking
- Anomaly/Malware Detection
- Endpoint Protection
- IP Filtering
- Intrusion Detection System
- Intrusion Prevention System
- Real Time Monitoring
- Real Time Notifications
- Real Time Reporting
- SQL Injections
- Summary Reports
- Threat Response
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Web Traffic Reporting
- Web-Application Security
All In One WP Security & Firewall
All in one security is an anti spam plugin which also offer two factor authorisation factor to protect your website from suspicious login. AIOS is very popular among bloggers, professionals and its more than 1million downloads is the proof of its popularity and reliability. Its content protection feature helps to protect your content from spams. This security plugin comes with basic website level firewall to protect against common patterns and block them for you. However AIOS does not provide much security features in its basic version, you have to purchase the premium version of All in One Security for more advanced safety features.
Features of All in One Security
- Malware protection
- Spamware protection
- File integrity monitoring
- User account monitoring
- Scanning of malicious data injection
- Firewall to detect suspicious patterns
- Two step authorisation factor for safe login
Another well-designed security plugin is iTheme security plugin. This plugin protects your website from cyber attack and hacking attempt. It has a brute force detection function to protect your website from password guessing. The iTheme security plugin can block bad user attempts to access your website. It also provides malware scanning for your WordPress site. The iTheme pro security plugin is well-designed with security features to provide an extra layer of security to your WordPress website.
Features of iTheme Security
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Network Brute Force Protection
- Site Scanner
- File Change Detection
- Database Backups
- Enforce SSL
- Hide Login URL
- wp-config.php Rules
- Identify Server IPs
- Change Database Prefix
Security Ninza is a secure plugin designed to protect WordPress websites from cyber attacks, such as those conducted by hackers and spammers. It provides strong firewall protection to prevent malicious and suspicious users from gaining access to the website. The plugin’s cloud firewall database contains an impressive 600 million suspicious IPs addresses, which can be used to spread malware, spamware, and other malicious content. This cloud firewall prevents these IPs from accessing the website. Additionally, Security Ninza is capable of monitoring, tracking, and logging over 50 events on the site, as well as blocking repeated login attempts with incorrect passwords and user names.
Features of Security Ninza
- Security test Module
- Malware Scanning
- Plugin Integrity Checker
- Verify wordpress Installation
- Redirect blocked visitors
- Block suspicious requests
- Event Logger
- Vulnerabilty Scanner
WP Cerber Security
WP Cerber Security is a highly advanced anti-spam plugin for WordPress websites. It works by blocking malicious data before it can reach your website. This provides a secure and fast performance to your website by building a safety wall against hackers, spam, malware, and cyberattacks. WP Cerber Security is widely used by professionals and freelancers, as well as bloggers, and has over 200,000 active downloads, demonstrating its popularity and dependability..
Features of WP Cerber Security
- Layered security
- Rich GEO access rules
- Security Scanners Reports
- Cerber Security Cloud
- Monitors user activity
- Cybercriminals tracking
- Prevents brute force and code injection attacks
- Restricts access with GEO country rules
- Prevents both REST API and ordinary user enumerations
- Restricts access to REST API and XML-RPC
BulletProof Security is advanced wordpress security plugin. The BulletProof Security offers more than just a single layer of security for your website’s files and database. BulletProof Security has a wide range of automated security systems and tools to keep an eye on all the possible attack points on your website.
Features of BulletProof Security
- One-Click Setup Wizard
- MScan Malware Scanner
- .htaccess Website Security Firewall
- Login Security & Monitoring
- JTC-Lite Login Form Bot Lockout Protection
- Idle Session Logout (ISL)
- Auth Cookie Expiration (ACE)
- DB Backup: Full & Partial
- UI Theme Skin Changer
- System server and Security Status Information
Malcare offers 7 layers of protection to your website against any kind of possible malware attacks. It safety firewall scans and clean up malware without hampering speed of your website. Its ozone layer protection safeguards your website from bots attacks, Brute force attacks and hackers. It removes malware before it reaches your website.
Features of Malcare
- Malware scanning
- Automated scheduled scans
- One-click auto cleanups
- Emergency cleanup service
- Quick and reliable support
- Intelligent firewall
- Vulnerability detection
- Bot protection
- Real time alerts
- On demand scanning
Astra Security Suite
Astra Security suite is security oriented plugin for your website. Its automatically detects and eliminates all types of malware that could potentially harm your website without negatively impacting its speed and performance. It facilitates the patching of all vulnerabilities in your website, the blocking of malicious bots, the detection and blocking of SQL injections, XSS attacks, and the securing of third-party plugins.
Feature of Astra Security Suite
- 24×7 Realtime Protection
- IP and Country Blocking
- Protection from 100+ flaws
- Blacklist Monitoring
- Spam Blocking
- Brute-force Protection
- OWASP Top 10
- Business Logic & Payment Analysis
- VAPT Security Certificate
- Bugfix Assistance & Re-scan
- Static & Dynamic Code Analysis
- Automatic & Scheduled malware Scans
- File Difference Visualization
- Automatic Malware Removal
- Machine Learning Powered
Jetpack Protect is a open source security plugin, this means it is free. This is a user friendly WordPress security plugin that scans your website for vulnerabilities and alerts you about them so that your site can always be one step ahead of potential threats. Jetpack Protect is free and easy to use; it only takes a few minutes to install. It scans your site on a daily basis, so you can get daily updates about vulnerabilities related to the WordPress version you installed, plugins you installed, and themes you installed. Since Jetpack is created by Automattick, which is the parent company of WordPress, no one can understand the security needs of WordPress websites better than its creator.
Feature of Jetpack Protect
- Automated daily malware scanning in addition to vulnerability checks
- One-click fixes for most issues
- Web Application Firewall with automatic rule updates
- Instant threat detection notifications
- Priority support from WordPress experts
- One click setup
Security plugins are an essential part of any website’s security. Any breach or malfunction in website security can lead to data loss, hacking, cyber attacks and malware attacks. Therefore, it is recommended to install security plugins for assuring website and business safety. Most of the security plugins mentioned above are free, but you can also buy premium version to access all the important security features.