Google Search Console is an important tool for understanding that how Google views and interacts with our websites. It is used for monitoring website health and fixing website related issues easily, so that your website can run effectively. Google search console helps you to make effective and data-driven decisions, so that you can enhance the search engine visibility of your website, thus attract more organic traffic. In this article we will talk about How to Use Google Search Console to Grow Your Website Traffic.
What is Google Search Console?
Google search console is a free web service tool offered by Google. Previously it is known as Google Webmaster Tools. It allows website owners, individuals and SEO professionals to monitor and manage their website performance in much more effective ways, so that the website perform effectively in Google search result pages. It provide valuable insights, data and tools to help website owners to make data-driven decisions to optimize their websites for better search engine performance. Google search console is an effective and essential tool for website owners or professionals to make sure that their website are indexing and ranking on Google search result effectively.
Importance and Benefits of Google Search Console
It plays a key role in optimizing website for better visibility and high ranking in search engine result pages (SERPs). This improved visibility and high ranking will help your website to attract more organic web traffic. Here we are sharing importance of Google search console for your website
- Search Performance Data– It provides information about how your website is performing in Google Search, including the number of clicks, impressions, click-through rates, and average positions for various search queries.
- Index Coverage– This feature helps you identify and resolve issues that may prevent Google from indexing your website’s pages correctly.
- Sitemap Submission– You can submit XML sitemaps to Google through Search Console. Sitemaps help Google discover and crawl pages of your website more efficiently.
- URL Inspection– You can use this tool to inspect individual URLs on your site. It provides information about indexing status, mobile usability, and any issues encountered during crawling.
- Mobile Usability– It helps you identify and fix mobile usability issues on your site, ensuring that it is mobile-friendly and accessible to users on various devices.
- Security Issues– It alerts you to any security issues or manual actions taken against your site.
- Rich Results and Structured Data– Search Console provides insights into the rich results or enhanced search results and helps you monitor structured data errors.
- Performance Enhancements– It provides you insight on various important metrics, so that You can use the data to optimize your website performance in search results and improve your website’s visibility.
- URL Removal Tool– In case you need to temporarily remove specific pages from Google’s search results, you can request removal through Search Console.
- International Targeting– If your website addressing to a global audience, you can set international targeting preferences to help Google understand which country or language your site targets.
- Property Settings– You can configure various settings for your website properties like preferred domain, geographic target, etc.
- Performance Reports– You can access a wide range of reports and data to gain insights into how users find and interact with your website in Google Search.
What are the Important Features Offered by Google Search Console?
It offers multiple features to provide you insights into vital metrics of your website, so that your website performs effectively in Google search results. Here is a list of important features offered
- Performance Report
- Index Coverage Report
- URL Inspection Tool
- Mobile Usability Report
- Core Web Vitals Report
- Rich Results and Structured Data
- Security Issues
- International Targeting
- Manual Actions
- URL Removal Tool
- Property Settings
How to Add Google Search Console to Your Website
Here we are sharing step by step procedure to add your website into Google search console
- Firstly visit the official website of Google Search Console
- To add Google search console to you website firstly you need to create a Google Account
- After creating Google account you need to visit the Google Search Console website (https://search.google.com/search-console/) and sign in with your Google account.
- When you logged into your Google console account then you need to click on the “Add Property” button.
- Now enter the URL of your website and click on “Continue” button
- Now you need to verify the ownership of you website.
- Google will provide several verification methods (HTML file upload, HTML tag, domain name provider, etc.).
- Choose a method that works best for you and follow the instructions to complete the verification process.
- Once verified, your website will be added to Google Search Console.
How to Add XML Sitemaps to your Website
XML sitemaps help search engine to discover and understand the content of your website in much more efficient way, therefore it is necessary to add XML sitemap to your website. The process to add XML site to your website is as follows.
- You can use various tools or plugins to generate an XML sitemap for your website.
- Many content management systems (CMS) have built-in features or plugins for this purpose.
- Make sure Ensure your sitemap includes all the important pages of your website.
- Submit the Sitemap to Google Search Console
- Go to the Google Search Console dashboard.
- Select the property (website) you want to add the sitemap to.
- Click on “Sitemaps” tab in the left hand menu
- Click the “Add/Test Sitemap” button.
- Enter the URL of your XML sitemap (e.g., /sitemap.xml) and click “Submit.”
- Google will now regularly crawl your sitemap to discover and index your website’s pages more efficiently.
How to Connect Google Search Console to Your Website
Adding your website to Google Search Console is a important step for monitoring and optimizing its performance in Google search results. Here we are sharing a step-by-step procedure on how to add your website to Google Search Console
- Firstly you need to sign in to Your Google Account
- Now go to Google Search Console by visiting https://search.google.com/search-console/
- Then Click on “Add Property” in the Google Search Console dashboard.
- Enter the full URL of Your Website in the “URL prefix”. Make sure to use the exact URL you want to monitor Then click the “Continue” button.
- Now you need to verify the ownership of your website. Google offers multiple verification methods to prove that you own the website you are trying to add.
- The various methods of verifyig ownership are HTML File Upload, HTML Tag, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console DNS Record
- Choose the verification method that suits you best and follow the instructions carefully.
- Once the verification is successful, Google will confirm that you own the website, and your property will be added to Google Search Console.
- After successful verification, you will be redirected to the dashboard of your property in Google Search Console.
- In this dashboard you can access various reports and data related to the Google search performance of your website.
How to Search and Fix Indexing by Using Google Search Console
Finding and fixing search indexing issues in Google Search Console is essential for ensuring that your website’s content is properly indexed and displayed in Google’s search results.
- Access Google Search Console by signing in to your Google Search Console account
- Now Select Your Property for which you want to investigate indexing issues in the Search Console dashboard
- You need to check for Indexing Issues in the left-hand menu, click on “Coverage” under the “Index” section.
- After searching and checking indexing issues you need to diagnose and fix indexing issues.
- You can request validation in Google Search Console to confirm that the problem has been resolved. Click “Validate Fix” after you’ve made the necessary changes
- After fixing issues and requesting validation, you need to monitor the “Coverage” report regularly to make sure that the indexing issues have been resolved and now new issues are not arising.
How to Increase Web Traffic by Using Search Console
It is a valuable tool for website owners and SEO professionals to monitor and improve the website performance and ranking in Google search results. Here are steps to use Google Search Console to grow traffic
- Set Up Google Search Console
- Create and submit an XML sitemap for your website
- Monitor Search Performance and analyze key metrics like clicks, impressions, click-through rate (CTR), etc.
- Optimize your Content and Keywords of your website and discover which pages are performing well and which ones need improvement.
- Fix Errors and issues by regularly checking the “Coverage” report to identify crawl errors, indexing issues, and other technical problems.
- Monitor Mobile Usability because Google gives priority to mobile-friendly websites
- Review the “Performance” report and track Click-Through Rate (CTR) and Improve Meta Tags
- Submit URLs for Indexing by using “URL Inspection” tool to request indexing for specific pages.
- Continuously monitor your performance in Google Search Console by analyzing regularly and make data-driven, user oriented informative content on your website.
- Pay attention to any messages or alerts Google sends through Search Console and keep updated and well informed about changes in Google’s algorithms.
How to Mine keyword Data By Using Google Search Console
Mining keyword data in Google Search Console involves extracting valuable insights and trends from the data available in the tool. Here’s a step-by-step procedure on how to mine keyword data effectively
- Firstly Access Google Search Console and select the property (website) for which you want to mine keyword data
- Then you need to Navigate to the Performance report on the left-hand menu.
- Now select the date range you want to analyze.
- Focus on keywords and scroll down to the “Queries” section to access the keyword data
- Sort and Filter Data by using filters and sorting options like Clicks, Impressions, CTR (Click-Through Rate), etc.
- Now you need to identify trends and opportunities for optimization by analyzing high-performing keywords, low-performing keywords, Keywords with high impressions but low clicks, Keywords with high clicks and low average position, etc.
- Based on your analysis, create an action plan to optimize your website’s content and SEO strategy.
- Continously monitor your keyword data in Google Search Console to track the impact of your optimization efforts.
- For better and deeper insights, you can integrate Google Search Console data with other SEO tools and analytics platforms like Google Analytics or third-party SEO software.
How to Get Third Party Backlinks by Using Google Search Console
Backlinks from Google Search Console is a powerful tool for monitoring and improving your website’s performance in Google search results. You can use Google Search Console to indirectly improve your link-building efforts by following these steps.
- Analyze your current Backlinks to check the list of websites that link to your site. This can help you understand your existing backlink profile
- Identify Link Opportunities to see which websites and anchor text are linking to your site the most
- Use the “Performance” section to identify pages on your site that are performing well in search results.
- Optimize these pages by adding more valuable and relevant content. High-quality content tends to attract more backlinks naturally.
- Research and analyse your competitors deeply and gather insights.
- With this insights identify the potential link-building opportunities by reaching out to the same websites that link to your competitors.
- Regularly monitor and check your backlinks and make sure the new links are coming from reputable and relevant websites
- You can consider reaching out to other websites or blogs of your niche to pitch guest to post ideas based on your blog or website.
- Regularly check and Fix broken outbound links on your site.
- If you find spammy or harmful backlinks pointing to your site, you can use Google Search Console to disavow them. This tells Google to ignore those links.
How to Improve Internal Linking to Boost Web Ranking
Internal linking helps search engines understand the structure of your website and the hierarchy of your content. This is important for the SEO of your website, helping your website in gaining higher ranking in SERPs.
- Create High-Quality Content to make sure that you have relevant, informative and user friendly content on your website.
- Research your keywords and then identify relevant keywords for your content and target them strategically in your internal links.
- Conduct a content audit on your website to identify existing content that can benefit from internal linking.
- Anchor Text Optimization will helps you in gaining internal linking. You can use descriptive and relevant anchor text when creating internal links.
- Make sure that the pages you are linking together are actually related. The link should make sense to the user and provide additional value or context.
- Organize and structure the content of your website your logically with using proper amount of categories and subcategories.
- Use internal links to link with deeper pages of your website, this deep distribution of internal links helps to rank pages with links.
- Make sure that you are placing internal links where they make the most sense within the body of content.
- You can also Use Breadcrumbs because breadcrumvs help search engines to understand the hierarchy of your site.
- Include XML sitemaps in your interlinks and Dont over optimize the interlinking.
- Monitor, Analyze and Update all the internal links regularly.
- It is important to make sure that all your internal links work well on mobile devices, providing seamless experience to the users.
How to Use Google Search Console to Improve Mobile Usability
It is a powerful tool which can help you in improving the mobile usability of your website. This will helps you to make sure that search console is user friendly tool which can also work greatly on mobile devices. Here we are sharing step by step procedure on how you can use Google Search Console to improve mobile usability.
- Firstly set up the Google Search Console tool.
- After setting up search console verify the ownership of your website. There are multiple methods to prove the ownership of your website.
- Now check mobile usability report in Google Search Console. This report will provide you the insights of issues of your website during website crawling on mobile devices.
- After analysing the mobile usability report,Review Mobile Usability Issues
- Now address mobile usability issues by taking appropriate actions to resolve them.
- Test your mobile website to check how Google views your website’s mobile usability. Monitor your mobile website regularly.
- Finally submit mobile sitemaps of the mobile version of your website.
How to Use the URL Inspection Tool in Google Search Console
The URL Inspection Tool in Google Search Console is a resource which allows website owners to check how Googlebot views and interacts with a specific URL on their website. Here we are sharing the procedure on how to use the URL Inspection Tool:
- Access Google Search Console
- Select Your Property
- Access the URL Inspection Tool
- Start off the Inspection
- Review the Inspection Results
- Review the Page’s Rendering
- Review Additional Information
- Request Indexing
- Monitor Over Time
How to Remove URL from Google Search by Using Search Console
To remove a URL from Google search results using Google Search Console, you can follow these steps:
- Firstly access the Google search console
- Select the Property (website) for which you want to remove a URL from search results.
- Choose the property (website) for which you want to remove a URL from search results.
- Access the Removal Tool in the left hand menu.
- Under “Temporary removals,” click the “New Request” button
- Now enter the URL that you want to temporarily remove from Google search results
- Now choose the type of removal from Remove page from search results and cache or Clear cached URL only
- Then submit the URL removal request and confirm it
- Finally monitor the URL removal request and check the status of URL removal request
Google Search Console effective tool, that can significantly impact your website’s traffic and visibility in Google search results. Search console is mainly used for monitoring website health and fixing website related issues easily, so that your website can run effectively. We hope with this article you get all the required information of Google Search Console, visit our website for more interesting articles on digital marketing.